What's new

Roaming Assistant Totally Broken?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eric Lieb

I have been having issues for months now with my setup (AX86S primary and AC86U aimesh node). Finally took a deep dive into the logs while devices were having issues (refusing to connect to the network or having no internet access). Turns out it was the roaming assistant causing devices to disconnect and then not allowing them to reauthenticate when attempted to reconnect. The weird thing is I had my roaming assistant set to -70 dB and all the devices that it was force disconnecting were in the -50 dB range. Is roaming assistant just a broken mess? After disabling it I havent had a single issue with any of my devices.

I have been having issues for months now with my setup (AX86S primary and AC86U aimesh node). Finally took a deep dive into the logs while devices were having issues (refusing to connect to the network or having no internet access). Turns out it was the roaming assistant causing devices to disconnect and then not allowing them to reauthenticate when attempted to reconnect. The weird thing is I had my roaming assistant set to -70 dB and all the devices that it was force disconnecting were in the -50 dB range. Is roaming assistant just a broken mess? After disabling it I havent had a single issue with any of my devices.

I don't think so... it's just sensitive to your radio space/layout and where clients decide to connect. Disabling Smart Connect and using different SSIDs can help some clients, but clients ultimately decide where to connect.

I would leave RA disabled and move on.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!