What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 v3.0.0.4.386_45934 (11/10/2021)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

organshifter

Regular Contributor
14L8LYR.jpg

ASUS GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_45934
- Release Note -

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
1. Fixed Let's encrypt related bugs.
2. Fixed httpd vulnerability
3. Fixed stack overflow vulnerability
4. Fixed DoS vulnerability
5. Fixed Post-Auth Command Injection vulnerability.
Special thanks to @d0gkiller87.

Support:

Direct Download:

Last edited:
This update needs to be done manually, if you were in the unfortunate group of people who installed 3.0.0.4.386.45898.

It's pretty frustrating to learn that, not only did 3.0.0.4.386.45898 cause direct updates and ISP detection to break, but it has also been running with all those vulnerabilities mentioned in the 3.0.0.4.386.45934 release notes. So, installing 3.0.0.4.386.45934 immediately sounds like the best plan.

I'll be installing this asap and will report back any issues I find. If history is any guide, there will be something.

P.S., I don't know how the OP was able to check for firmware updates from the Web UI. Ever since I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.386.45898, I get the following any time I check for updates.
The router cannot connect to ASUS server to check for the firmware update. Please download the latest firmware from ASUS Product Support Site and do manually upgrade. Check on FAQ for more instructions.

P.S., I don't know how the OP was able to check for firmware updates from the Web UI. Ever since I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.386.45898, I get the following any time I check for updates.
I actually didn't have any issues with 3.0.0.4.386.45898. I was able to check for updates through the web browser and mobile app without issue. I didn't even factory reset before/after the upgrade to 45898 as I never do unless the change log recommends it or I run into issues. So, it was pretty solid, other than the vulnerabilities which I knew nothing about.

I've installed 3.0.0.4.386.45934, but I still am unable to check for updates in the UI, and the UI always says "DISCONNECTED" still. Also, the red LED is always active, even though I definitely have an internet connection, and can see the WAN IP when I SSH into the router and run ifconfig.

So I guess I'll be running manual updates for a while. I suspect doing a factory reset will resolve this issue, but I'd rather just manually download, md5sum check, and upload for now. Setting up all my settings again will be painful. If I do go that route, I'll do the nvram show and export trick, and then selectively nvram set what I want, rather than deal with the clunky UI.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!