What's new

Router DNS settings with Pi-Hole and Unbound

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Look on the Tools / Sysinfo page at the Network section near the bottom. Post a screenshot of that section, showing the Hardware Acceleration status and Ethernet ports.
This is the sysinfo of my router.

I've read other posts on this forum and I turned off and changed things that others suggest and the router's performance is still weak.
I did speedtest within my local network with iPerf and for example the local network speed between my Macbook and iPhone is 224 Mbit/s and upload 243 Mbit/s. - No wonder why the internet connection doesn't hit 1 Gbps.

That RT-AC68U is kind of long in the tooth. 1Gbps speeds is beyond its capabilities in today's network environments.
That's really sad, because the reason I got this router to handle the 1 Gbps internet and my local network..

This is the sysinfo of my router.
Go to the Administration / System page and Withdraw from the agreement below, if it’s present. Then reboot and test again. If it still sucks, time for a newer router.

1663420684618.png

I've turned off AI Protection
If you had previously had AI Protection enabled and you've disabled it. You also need to go to the Administration > Privacy page in the GUI and hit the Withdraw button (if present) then reboot the router.

I've turned off AI Protection and any other settings that can consume resources that can slow down the speed. I have Verizon 1 Gbps subscription, but the router can't handle more than 650 Mbps. I tested it on wired connection on my Macbook. I also did several speed test on the router itself:

I restored the router to factory default not long ago and as you can see the download speed is around 200 Mbps. I really don't know why is this. I begin to believe that the router is faulty.

The inbuilt test always gives low values for me. Using a client wired to the router I can get the expected speed (1 Gbps). I don't know what could be wrong with your setup, but simply don't trust that test.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!