What's new

Router or Network issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BigJug

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I changed routers recently, and am now using a Linksys Velop 2 node mesh network. Everything appears working, except I am no longer able to see any of my network pcs in the Network folder on Win 10.

Prior with my old router, I could see my desktop pc, and my nas from my laptop which I most commonly use. Now all thats showing up is my laptop. I have a mapped drive to my nas, and I can still access my nas like that, but I can't see it via the network.

I have SMB turned on in windows, and as stated, it was working perfectly with my old setup - I had 4 items in my Local Network, all of which were accessible and sharing. I don't know how to resolve this. Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 318
Thanks Colin, checking out these links now... I actually posted my question in the Linksys forums also, and all they keep telling me to do is send them an email with my info..... =(

Thanks Colin, checking out these links now... I actually posted my question in the Linksys forums also, and all they keep telling me to do is send them an email with my info..... =(

When this has happened to me, it was because with a new router it's a new network. And the default for a new network is "Public". You have to make your local network "Private", and turn on network discovery...then you'll see the other computers in windows explorer Network folder.