What's new

router rt-ac88u and rt-ac86u aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chiquito

Occasional Visitor
It turns out that I have two router the rt-ac88u and the rt-ac86u the first as a router with its latest official firmware the second in node mode aimesh with its latest origianal firmware.
Well, when the two are connected, I do a speed test and I do not get to 100meg either connected to the main router or the node ..
I eliminate the router as a node and everything returns to its normal speed of 600 megabytes by cable rj45 and by wifi at 3 meters from the main router to 500megas ..
You know what a special configuration is for this type of connection ..
greetings and thanks...

It turns out that I have two router the rt-ac88u and the rt-ac86u the first as a router with its latest official firmware the second in node mode aimesh with its latest origianal firmware.
Well, when the two are connected, I do a speed test and I do not get to 100meg either connected to the main router or the node ..
I eliminate the router as a node and everything returns to its normal speed of 600 megabytes by cable rj45 and by wifi at 3 meters from the main router to 500megas ..
You know what a special configuration is for this type of connection ..
greetings and thanks...

Did you factory default reset both routers before building your AiMesh from scratch (no restore)?

Did you try using the higher spec 86U as the router/root node and the 88U as the remote node?

Are you using a wired backhaul from the node WAN to the router LAN? Did you try a different cable in case a 'bad' cable is messing with the LAN?

OE

o the first question, if the factory re-established the two routers.
To the second question the rt88u I have it as a router because it has triple vlan to movistar the 86u has it but I have to configure the 3 vlan.
To the third question the node does not go with cable.
regards..

o the first question, if the factory re-established the two routers.
To the second question the rt88u I have it as a router because it has triple vlan to movistar the 86u has it but I have to configure the 3 vlan.
To the third question the node does not go with cable.
regards..

Sorry, very hard to decipher what you are trying to say here. :(

What I mean is that I have two router the rt-ac88u with its latest official firmware asus and an rt-ac86u with its latest official firmware asus.
I have the rt-ac88u as the main router and the rt-ac86u as the aimesh node.
The problem is that I get a lot of speed for wifi in the 5ghz network without aimesh network gives me 500mg with aimesh 100mg network.
Do you know why it can be?
regards..

What I mean is that I have two router the rt-ac88u with its latest official firmware asus and an rt-ac86u with its latest official firmware asus.
I have the rt-ac88u as the main router and the rt-ac86u as the aimesh node.
The problem is that I get a lot of speed for wifi in the 5ghz network without aimesh network gives me 500mg with aimesh 100mg network.
Do you know why it can be?
regards..

My first guess is because AiMesh is AiMess. ;)

The 'latest official firmware Asus' is also not very clear, and the actual version(s) installed may be important.

With the issues you're having, I would be resetting the routers to a known/good state and then proceed to further troubleshoot if it is necessary then. Right now, there are too many variables that can come into play to track this issue easily.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

The link above lists the reasons for a full reset to factory defaults.

You can follow my M&M Config guide by using the link in my signature which is based on the link above (plus more 'best practices') to get your routers to a good/known state.

while this might not help, you should consider swap 86u to be the main router as it has more processor power than the 88u.

has been to disable the option in profresional equity of emission time and formation of universal beams and back to work everything perfectly in 5ghz speed with my iphone to two meters from the router is 500mg and connected to the node at a distance from each other 5 meters about 300mgs ..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!