What's new

Router to wall socket or grounded surge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xrsenal

Should I plug my router into the wall directly ? (Daisy chain electricity) or into a power surge that’s grounded

Changing the power supply should have no effect on WAN performance. What you did by switching power sources was to cold boot the router which can clear things out so to speak.

Changing the power supply should have no effect on WAN performance. What you did by switching power sources was to cold boot the router which can clear things out so to speak.
true, BUT un-floating (or hardening) an electrical ground path can often have other benefits as well.

true, BUT un-floating (or hardening) an electrical ground path can often have other benefits as well.

my results on waveform bufferbloat test is insanely better now. I’m not getting the high latency I was before.

I have a daisy chain electrical system in the basement (v old) so maybe this helped?

The power source is the next most important thing to the hardware.

Good enough for some. A proper UPS is what I use on all my electronics.

Yes, I'm sure I'm as adorable as you are.

BE425M powers my AX86U for over two hours.

It powers it, but your power adapter heats up more than usual and may fail. BE425M is a cheap square wave UPS and I wouldn't use it for routers. Sine wave UPS are expensive, but BE550G is affordable stepped approximation to sine wave USP. This one is better for networking equipment.