What's new

Router UI Doesn't fully load

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobthemagicmoose

Occasional Visitor
I set up my router to be at "router.home" host and domain. I also have NGINX running as a reverse proxy so that router.home traffic is routed to the router UI while all other traffic is routed to the appropriate host. When connecting via router.home sometimes the UI fails to completely load while navigating. Looking at the console, it appears as though various scripts sometimes fail to load (e.g., client_function.js, state.js...). When I connect directly (192.168.1.1:8080) it does not have any problem. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be occurring? Here's a screenshot of what it looks like when it breaks:
upload_2020-5-11_20-5-5.png

I will confess I am using a converted t-mobile router running 384.17

I know you feel overwhelmed by people coming here and posting things about the tmobile router, but your sticky posts are pretty lacking. Why is it not "supported"? If you successfully load merlin on it, is it still different than a stock router? What are the differences? The rest of the internet argues that they are the exact same so your stickies come off as just an angry unsubstantiated rant. Most people, like myself, come here with the understanding that flashing the manufacturer firmware on the device is sufficient to remove the t-mobile aspects. If that is not the case, you should provide some explanation of why this is problematic.

People don't come to forums to redeem a warranty from a manufacturer, they come to see if people in similar situations have ideas or suggestions. If there are vestiges of the t-mobile firmware that cause difficult to debug problems all over the system, you should say so. If you are concerned about legal ramifications of discussing the conversion, you can also say that.

As for my particular issue, I am pretty confident is an issue with NGINX and I was hoping someone here with better knowledge of how the UI is served would assist in helping me identify the culprit.

Saved you a click there since you missed it the first time. ;)

upload_2020-5-12_8-26-15.png

If that is not the case, you should provide some explanation of why this is problematic.
Discussions about converting the TM-AC1900 are not allowed on SNBForums because it is an illegal use of ASUS' intellectual property. Yes, there are many sites around the net that contain the instructions, but SNBForums is not one of them.

Discussions regarding help for problems with converted TM-AC1900's are allowed. But you'll find most SNBForums members will not provide help.

Discussions about converting the TM-AC1900 are not allowed on SNBForums because it is an illegal use of ASUS' intellectual property. Yes, there are many sites around the net that contain the instructions, but SNBForums is not one of them.

Discussions regarding help for problems with converted TM-AC1900's are allowed. But you'll find most SNBForums members will not provide help.

Thank you for your explanation. I am curious why converting is considered problematic yet hosting custom/modified firmware is not (which contain proprietary binaries), but I admire the attempt to respect intellectual property. I'll see myself out :p.

Thank you for your explanation. I am curious why converting is considered problematic yet hosting custom/modified firmware is not (which contain proprietary binaries), but I admire the attempt to respect intellectual property. I'll see myself out :p.

Because firmware components such as the Trend Micro DPI engine are only licensed for use on specific models. The T-Mobile cellspot is NOT one of them.

My firmware in itself is perfectly legal because it's only allowed to run on devices which are properly licensed for that engine.

And in addition to the legal requirements, Asus have taken active steps in preventing unlicensed firmwares from running on that model, which means that a lot of common complains (empty networkmap, failure to upgrade to newer firmware) are caused by these preventive measures. So asking people for help about these widely documented self-inflicted problems is wasting everyone's valuable time, which is why myself and the community are quite strict in tracking down and shutting down those requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!