What's new

Router upgrade from AC68u with Merlin support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I ordered Asus RT-Ax86s in the end. Ax86u radios with Ax68u CPU/RAM at a price that's closer to the 68. Good enough to tide me over for now.

On Wednesday, all 5Ghz Wifi devices were kicked off the network for a few minutes while I was playing VR, so the old router definitely not working well anymore.

I plan to wire the old router somewhere as AP on a non-interfering 5Ghz channel and put all other 5Ghz devices (mobile, laptop etc) onto the old router. Make the new router 5Ghz channel dedicated for VR.

I'm delighted to say the new Ax86s router solved my WiFi issues. It's been setup exactly the same as old router with same SSID. It has been online for a few days without issue, VR gaming is also problem free.

No problem with its CPU speed glad to have found this gem with same well reviewed Wifi radio at slightly cheaper price compared to full Ax86u.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!