What's new

Router webpage not loading correctly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sweetlyham

Occasional Visitor
Anyone know what is causing this to happen in the picture attached to this post?

• Router is a RT-AX58U,
  • running Firmware Version:386.5_2,
  • logs attached (I did attach them but they aren't sticking, even if I reply to this thread with the file it still doesn't stick),
  • NOT isolated to specific pages,
  • rebooting doesn't resolve the issue,
  • my favourite food is sushi,
  • factory reset doesn't resolve the issue,
  • clearing history & cache didn't resolve the issue,
  • using ONLY (no other browser) Edge 100.0.1185.39 (Official build) (64-bit) & Windows 11 Version 21H2 (Build 22000.613),
  • to date unable to replicate the issue in Firefox 99.0.1 (64-bit).

1649972903360.png

Last edited:
Try Ctrl-F5 ?

Let me know if you find a solution to this problem, I'd like to solve it too. This happens to me all the time using the Brave and Firefox browsers (Edge seems to work better for me for this problem although I mainly use Brave), for as long as I can remember (at least 3 yrs) using Merlin firmware. I can pretty much guaranty it happens if I look at the Unbound screen in the Addons tab, and it pretty much does not happen if I look at the Network Map tab. If I look at the Unbound page, the only way I could find to get back to a normal display is to use the Back button or the Back history in my browser to get the Network Map tab. Frankly when navigating the GUI, it happens so often that I'm always surprised when it does not happen.

Update: Sometimes a page refresh works to get the full screen back. Also sometimes Edge has the disease.

Last edited:
I have the very same problem, with both my old RT-AX86U (386.5_2 and 386.7) and now GT-AX6000 (386.7) (just an example webpage, it occurs randomly on different sections of the webUI):

1658289320870.png

In my case, a Shift+F5 fixes the issue: I'm using Chrome, latest version and I'm on https only webUI; maybe it's related to this? Since I can't remember this happening before I set https webpage display

EDIT: I tried the "Incognito mode" in Chrome and the issues does not occur: it's maybe related to any extensions? Ad-Blocker?

Last edited: