What's new

<routing / firewall config question> 2 router VPN setup works but has a small problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just beware, unlike clients on the second router, clients of the first router are NOT using the DNS servers provided by the VPN provider. Not unless you also changed the DNS server of those clients to use either 192.168.1.134 (i.e., on the WAN side) or 192.168.9.1 (i.e., on the LAN side). Otherwise, they're still using the DNS servers of the ISP. Up to you to decide if that is or isn't an issue.

Just beware, unlike clients on the second router, clients of the first router are NOT using the DNS servers provided by the VPN provider. Not unless you also changed the DNS server of those clients to use either 192.168.1.134 (i.e., on the WAN side) or 192.168.9.1 (i.e., on the LAN side). Otherwise, they're still using the DNS servers of the ISP. Up to you to decide if that is or isn't an issue.

good catch - that was one of the first things that I confirmed at as part of the computer_1 setup: manual IP config and proper dns setup to prevent dns leak. (at least on the ipv4 side) ... there seems to be some issue with webrtc leak on the ipv6 side with this setup but something that hopefully a quick search should be able to solve.

Thanks again for the help!