What's new

RRDTool Text Rendering Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bobbar

Occasional Visitor
I installed rrdtools via Optware with the intention of using rrdstorm to monitor and display some pretty graphs. Everything is working as expected accept for the rrdtool rendering of the graphs.

As you can see in the included image, the text is unreadable. I've tried changing fonts, different scaling and zoom levels, but nothing seems to affect the text rendering in a PNG. It's dithered/blended beyond recognition. If I make it render a PDF, the text is fine.

Is there anyone else running RRDTool that might have some input?

Much appreciated.

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 593
If you haven't, worth trying with anti-alias off..the -G option

Looks like a bug in dependent libraries. There are Optware-Ng and Entware-Ng you may consider. I know the rrdtool from Entware doesn't have this issue with PNG output.

If you haven't, worth trying with anti-alias off..the -G option

Looks like a bug in dependent libraries. There are Optware-Ng and Entware-Ng you may consider. I know the rrdtool from Entware doesn't have this issue with PNG output.

Yeah, you're clearly on the right track. I installed Optware-NG on a external flash drive and RRDTool renders correctly. Looks like I'll be moving all my goods to NG. :eek:

Thank you!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 715
I installed rrdtools via Optware with the intention of using rrdstorm to monitor and display some pretty graphs. Everything is working as expected accept for the rrdtool rendering of the graphs.

As you can see in the included image, the text is unreadable. I've tried changing fonts, different scaling and zoom levels, but nothing seems to affect the text rendering in a PNG. It's dithered/blended beyond recognition. If I make it render a PDF, the text is fine.

Is there anyone else running RRDTool that might have some input?

Much appreciated.
Hi,

I know it is a old thread, but I hope. Could you please share your setup?

Thank you!