What's new

RT-5300 Full Reset > keep scripts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raphie

Quick question:

Can I: shutdown router, remove USB, fully reset router, activate JFFS Partion, plug back USB and be fully up and running with default settings, while still having a working Diversion/Skynet/Pixelserv setup? Or will I break something and have to install all over again?

I’ve been upgrading Merlin for the last 2 years or so. Might be time to reset all flags?

Can I: shutdown router, remove USB, fully reset router, activate JFFS Partion, plug back USB and be fully up and running with default settings, while still having a working Diversion/Skynet/Pixelserv setup? Or will I break something and have to install all over again?
While removing the USB device is a good idea, the formatting of the /jffs/ partition will remove necessary start hooks for your installed scripts.
Generally, formatting of /jffs/ is not necessary unless you see errors in the routers System Log pertaining to read/write errors for that partition.

I'd just remove the USB device without formatting the /jffs/ partiton. If it works out well leave it at that.
If not, Diversion and Skynet are smart enough to recognize and prompt to restore it from the still existing files on your USB device.
Just run the respective install command or best install amtm and go from there.

ThnX, but not sure if I fully understand
I just want to reset the router to it's factory defaults (which is JFFS partition dissabled)
After restoring ROUTER factory defaults and configure it to my liking, I will need to "enable the JFFS" for the USB to be recognized.

My question is: Will then Diversion, AMTM, Pixelserv et all continue to work, or will symlinks and/or other stuff be broken and do I need to reinstall via AMTM?

Some would say if it’s working perfectly, leave it. On the other hand, you don’t know that the next firmware update won’t be the last straw that breaks the camel’s back ;)

You didn’t mention flashing new firmware; if you were to reset the router combined with flashing an updated firmware eg 384.12 just released, you would of course flash first and then reset.

L&LD’s guide is here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

I’ve never tried what you are suggesting so I won’t speculate; however, for the relatively minimal extra time involved, you might want to compare L&LD’s guidelines with your proposals and decide. And if you did break something, you could simply reinstall through amtm. You didn’t mention amtm, but I can’t believe you would be running Diversion, Skynet and Pixelserv-tls without it.

ThnX, but not sure if I fully understand
I just want to reset the router to it's factory defaults (which is JFFS partition dissabled)
After restoring ROUTER factory defaults and configure it to my liking, I will need to "enable the JFFS" for the USB to be recognized.

My question is: Will then Diversion, AMTM, Pixelserv et all continue to work, or will symlinks and/or other stuff be broken and do I need to reinstall via AMTM?
They'll work if you just set "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" to No and then after back to Yes.

Edit: Make a backup of the /jffs/ partition in the router webui option, just in case...

Perfect, just flashed .12 release, hence the question, to get rid of orphaned flags etc. I know how to reset and configure my router, just want to save 20mins installing stuff again ;)
I’ll try it now ThnX again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!