What's new

Rt 86u to NAS performance ???...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aliitp

Occasional Visitor
Since both wifi 6 and wifi 6e seems identical to me except the first is on 5ghz and 6e is on 6ghz

I saw a YouTube demonstration for that costly ASUS ROG wifi 6e router with 10gbps ethernet port

Connecting a NAS to the router through that ethernet port
Will allow a laptop to WIRELESSLY transfer files at around 200 Mbps steadily from the NAS if the laptop was on 6ghz

Since I assume both 6 and 6e are the same besides the frequency

Can I get such same performance with RT86U and NAS setup ??

I know this router got only 2.5 Gbps ethernet port, but that's what it takes really for such transfer speeds of 200Mbps

Or let's say a desktop is connected on the router through 2.5 gbps ethernet
Can a client connected wordlessly to the same router see file transfer speeds of 200 MB/sec ?? Since i read both wifi6 and wifi6e theoretical bandwidths are THE SAME (4800Mbps)

Hope someone can clarify on this please...

Do you mean RT-AX86U?

There are a lot of factors that you need to consider. If your client does not have a WIFI radio that matches the router then you will not get the full router bandwidth. The AX86U has 4X4 in 5 GHz whereas most desktop or laptop WIFI radios are 2x2.

Do you mean RT-AX86U?

There are a lot of factors that you need to consider. If your client does not have a WIFI radio that matches the router then you will not get the full router bandwidth. The AX86U has 4X4 in 5 GHz whereas most desktop or laptop WIFI radios are 2x2.
If I use something like the ax201
And yes I am referring to the rt ax86u

I am trying to convince myself to get the wifi6 router over the costly wifi 6e routers out there...
Thanks,

If I use something like the ax201
And yes I am referring to the rt ax86u

I am trying to convince myself to get the wifi6 router over the costly wifi 6e routers out there...
Thanks,
The AX201 is a 2x2 WIFI with a max bandwidth of 2.4 Gbps.
If you do not need WIFI 6e the AX86U is still a good choice or maybe the AX86U Pro.

The AX201 is a 2x2 WIFI with a max bandwidth of 2.4 Gbps.
If you do not need WIFI 6e the AX86U is still a good choice or maybe the AX86U Pro.

yes but i am asking for a SAN connected through 2.5Gbps port ethernet to the router
can clients connected wirelessly with AX200/AX201 get approx data transfer speed of 200 MB/sec to that SAN ??...
such as in here 10:00

also am a little confused on the difference between 4x4 and 2x2 what are they again ?

most WiFi 6 routers promote up to 4.8 Gbps theoretical bandwidth
but i cant find any WiFi6 Adapter having higher than 2.4 Gbps bandwidth

Last edited:
4x4:4 is a four antennae router that can broadcast four streams (the ':4').

4x4:4 is a four antennae router that can broadcast four streams (the ':4').

is that related to the bandwidth ? and why a wifi 6 router does up to 4800 Mbps on 5Ghz but all wifi 6 adapters maximum bandwidth is 2.4 Gbps only ?...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!