What's new

RT-AC3200 firmware Version 3.0.0.4.382.52651

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

teranex

New Around Here
I'm using an RT-AC3200 running Merlin 3.0.0.4.384.13_8. The Merlin website also mentions that RT-AC3200 is not supported anymore. However I just saw on the Asus website that they released new firmware, version 3.0.0.4.382.52651, with fixes against Cyclops blinks: https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-WiFi-Routers/RTAC3200/HelpDesk_BIOS/ .
Now I'm not entirely sure how to continue. Now that their is a new firmware release, will a new Merlin release for the RT-AC3200 also be released? Or should I switch back to the original Asus firmware (and loose all the nice Merlin additions...)?

Ok, I already expected that answer. Thanks for confirming this.
To 'upgrade' to the stock firmware, can this be done using the regular upgrade process with the asus firmware file, or would this require a factory reset before the upgrade to avoid trouble?

I fixed it by buying a RT-AX86U :). Already running Merlin now. The RT-AC3200 will become an Access Point, replacing the Linksys EA6500