What's new

RT-AC3200 Media Sharing Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

citation10

Occasional Visitor
This thing is driving me crazy ! Every time I want to watch a movie from the USB 3.0 hard drive hooked to the router my WD LIVE box will not see it ! Unless I reboot the router. Also if I do get a movie going it will play for 45 min then drop the connection and say no network connection . I am doing this wireless and the WD LIVE box is about 10 inches away from the router.

Also for the WD LIVE box not seeing the issue , it's not only me ! My dad called me from up north and said his was doing the same thing.

I loaded Merlin's firmware and that didn't help , actually it made it worse because now I can't even see any files on the drive from my PC that is on the network..

No idea what is going on ?

This thing is driving me crazy ! Every time I want to watch a movie from the USB 3.0 hard drive hooked to the router my WD LIVE box will not see it ! Unless I reboot the router. Also if I do get a movie going it will play for 45 min then drop the connection and say no network connection . I am doing this wireless and the WD LIVE box is about 10 inches away from the router.

Also for the WD LIVE box not seeing the issue , it's not only me ! My dad called me from up north and said his was doing the same thing.

I loaded Merlin's firmware and that didn't help , actually it made it worse because now I can't even see any files on the drive from my PC that is on the network..

No idea what is going on ?
A bit more info , like the settings you are using would help .

Are you using smart connect , have you set key rotation to zero F W you're using , so many questions . You have to give people a hint , your settings would be a starting place . I have had no problems streaming any format video .

Ok, I can look into it .. Would you be willing to login via teamviewer and poking around ?

PS key rotation is set to 3600 .
Smart Connect is enabled.
Firmware is Asuswrt-Merlin - build 378.51 Beta 1 (28-Feb-2015)

Ok, I can look into it .. Would you be willing to login via teamviewer and poking around ?

PS key rotation is set to 3600 .
Smart Connect is enabled.
Firmware is Asuswrt-Merlin - build 378.51 Beta 1 (28-Feb-2015)
Set key rotation to zero to start with , try the latest Merlin build and try turning off smart connect and assigning devices to specific radios , see if it helps .Then list your settings pertaining to sharing the drives , someone should be able to help

Thanks I will do that , also my Media Player only see's one channel so not much of an option there .. I will list my settings tomorrow .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!