What's new

RT-AC5300 ASUWRT-Merlin 384.19 impossible to connect to Twinkly Led Lights

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Antoine ZAÏNE

New Around Here
Hi, just bought Twinkly's gen II Icicle and Strings lights that only connect to 2,4 Ghz Wifi. Not able to connect it to my Asus RT-AC5300 Router to make it work in the app (Ios or Android). Tried to connect to my ISP box (I have 2 ISP's at home: one modem going to my Asus and one ISP' own modem router) and it works fine... No WPA3 in the Asus RT-AC5300 (running Merlin WRT). I have 2 separate networks (1 for 2.4Ghz and the other for 5GhZ)... Must be a configuration problem but don't know what to change... I can see the twinkly linked to the ASUS router as the Blue Dark Led is fixed on the command, I can see in my ASUS router that the Twinkly has an IP (and I can see it's mac adress) but the app never can find the twinkly on the network!!! As soon as I change my router to my ISP modem router it's ok... HELP!!!

Did you connect them to a Guest network perhaps?

I don't mean an external 'guest' network. I mean your own Guest network (which is isolated by default). :)

Yes, I've understood, I never activated the guest network in my Asus. I'm logging to my private network as well as all my connected objects (iphone, macbook, wifi speakers etc...)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!