What's new

RT-AC5300 cant connect to discord or spotify or battle.net

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Porksta

New Around Here
I can only connect to discord or spotify & battle.net in ap mode , i have just upgraded to merlins firmware hoping it would solve my problems..
in ap mode i lose so many features , other than these connecting issues everything else seems to be working good ,

I have restarted my modem & router to no avail,

can someone please help me solve this would be much appreciated..

I can only connect to discord or spotify & battle.net in ap mode , i have just upgraded to merlins firmware hoping it would solve my problems..
in ap mode i lose so many features , other than these connecting issues everything else seems to be working good ,

I have restarted my modem & router to no avail,

can someone please help me solve this would be much appreciated..

You haven't really described your network configuration. Maybe your ISP is blocking those websites.

OE

I
You haven't really described your network configuration. Maybe your ISP is blocking those websites.

OE
My isp is Dodo nbn network, I bought the rtac 5300 because the router i got from my ISP was a huawei hg699 It wasnt very good.
when i connect the rtac5300 to my modem in router mode i cant connect to battle.net or discord or spotify, so i have to plug the huawei hg699 back up to my nbn modem put the rtac5300 in AP MODE & run a ethernet cable to the huawei hg699 port 1 & use the asus rtac5300 wifi & i can connect to battle.net & discord & spotify , but i dont want to have to have 2 routers running , plus i lose half the features in AP MODE
its very strange why i can connect in AP mode, but not router mode..

@Porksta welcome to the forums.

You may want to see if the following suggestions help you.

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

If they don't, you may want to try the steps suggested in the link below.

Fully Reset Router and Network

If the router doesn't work in router mode, you should consider returning or exchanging it after trying the above.

Before doing the above, put the router back to router mode and power off all your network infrastructure. Including modem/ONT, any switches, and the RT-AC5300 itself. Leave them unplugged for at least twenty minutes to one hour. Remove all power plugs, Ethernet cables, USB devices, etc. from all the powered down equipment.

After you have waited as long as possible (20 minutes minimum), plug in the modem/ONT, wait until it establishes a connection with your ISP.

Plug in the router, do a WPS Button reset as described in the link below for your model, and then plug in only one wired device (the PC you will test with) and configure the router as indicated in the first link above.

Last edited:
Thanx for the welcome & links L&LD .

I will try your suggestions & keep you posted.. thanx again.

I have tried all your suggestions, unfortunantly no luck, , So i am hoping it is a pc software issue , so i am going to do a clean install of windows 10 & hopefuly that will solve my problems

just in case that dont work i have ordered a new RT AX 88U :D & i could use the rt ac 5300 as aimesh node , I am just a bit worried i am going to run into the same problem with the ax 88u fingers x i dont..

Update...

Just got the Rt ax 88u today , What a good router , setup perfectly , connected to battlenet & discord & spotify straight away ,
So i put the rt ac 5300 as a node , everything is working GR8, so my next step is to upgrade to Merlins software , very happy with the
outcome...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!