What's new

RT-AC5300 Static WAN IP Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RukusDM

New Around Here
I have Greenlight Networks Fiber connection. It has been working fine for nearly a year. I needed to goto a static ip on the WAN side and they provided that with the associated connection information. The Greenlight Side uses a NOKIA fiber to Ethernet box which gets plugged into my router.

I have yet in 2 tries now to get static WAN to work. The first time i had to go back to Dynamic so the wife and i could work.

The problem is that the Router shows a Red Light on the front indicating there is no WAN connection. When you go into the Web browser for the setup it shows Disconnected, not cable unplugged.

I've rebooted it,rebooted the fiber box re flashed memory in router, with no success. When i converted back to dynamic, i had the same issue earlier this week. Had a lot of messing around then it decided to get a connection.

The confusing thing is if i put these numbers into my computer and plug the computer into the fiber box i have no issue as im in that mode now typing this.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell could be wrong LOL. I've attached a picture of the WAN setup page. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Router info 3.jpg
    Router info 3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 264
I have Greenlight Networks Fiber connection. It has been working fine for nearly a year. I needed to goto a static ip on the WAN side and they provided that with the associated connection information. The Greenlight Side uses a NOKIA fiber to Ethernet box which gets plugged into my router.

I have yet in 2 tries now to get static WAN to work. The first time i had to go back to Dynamic so the wife and i could work.

The problem is that the Router shows a Red Light on the front indicating there is no WAN connection. When you go into the Web browser for the setup it shows Disconnected, not cable unplugged.

I've rebooted it,rebooted the fiber box re flashed memory in router, with no success. When i converted back to dynamic, i had the same issue earlier this week. Had a lot of messing around then it decided to get a connection.

The confusing thing is if i put these numbers into my computer and plug the computer into the fiber box i have no issue as im in that mode now typing this.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell could be wrong LOL. I've attached a picture of the WAN setup page. Thanks in advance

Problem is fixed. The last octet of the subnet mask was .128 Turns out they sent me a new email and the octet should have been 129

I have no clue why that subnet mask worked with my computer and not my router. Definitely strange

Problem is fixed. The last octet of the subnet mask was .128 Turns out they sent me a new email and the octet should have been 129

I have no clue why that subnet mask worked with my computer and not my router. Definitely strange
Your screenshot shows it was the gateway that had 128, not the subnet mask. So you were using the wrong gateway?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!