What's new

RT-AC66 U losing connection and reseting every day

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danmac

New Around Here
Hi all,

despite this is my first message here I´ve been reading you last couple of weeks.

I´m having some bad experiencies with RT-AC66U and I´d like to know if I can do something before sendind back the Asus to the warranty coverage service.

I´ll do my best to explain my situation :)

1-I bought this router 7 months ago. It was always connected to a Thomsom TCW770 (the modem that my ISP installs for their cable internet service). Firmware: stock from ASUS (I can not remember its number version).

2-Initially, I had a PC (LAN), a laptop (wifi) and two Iphones 4 (wifi) using the router and there were not any kind of problem. In fact, I was really happy with this router after being years using another great device: Linksys WRT56gl.

3-This summer I sold my PC, so I only use WIFI connection from a couple of months ago on.

4-My problems started two months ago. I started to suffer internet losses, I mean, the router stops working and I got this screen at least once a day:
21dla1w.jpg

That´s in spanish, in english mean:
"Configuration has changed. Website will be updated now.
There have been IP address/Port number changes. You´ll be disconnected from RT-AC66U.
To get access to RT-AC66U config, connect again wifi network and use new IP address/Port number updated."

Sometimes I also got this screen:
a1mtqp.jpg

At the same time all router leds were off, except the power led that remained flickering.

To solve this I had to switch the router off and then I got next screen (Wizard setup):
213epw7.png

5-All values were stock values. WIFI router option way of working.

6-I´ve updated the firmware to the latest ASUS firmware (3.0.0.4.374.979) and I also set "DHCP query frequency" to Normal mode cause I saw this solved some connection problems looking into google.

7-It worked!....Until this week

8-I´ve installed Merlin latest firmware for my AC66U and...the same. Today when I wake up I had no internet connection and the messages from my router were also the same....Let me add I reseted the router to default values and also I´ve cleared NVRAM.

9-I don´t know if my router misses LAN connection or maybe this is a known issue...Could you help me with this problem? It´s really annoying...in case I had no solution I will send it back to ASUS.

Thanks in advance!!

PS: I tried to be clear, but english is not my mother tongue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!