What's new

RT-AC66R + Android 4.1.2 = 2 connection issues => Help?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pepemosca

Regular Contributor
Hello,
I have two issues with my Android phone and the AC66R.

My set up:
Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-I9100)
Running JB 4.1.2
WanamLite XWLSE V14.3

ASUS RT-AC66R
ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.354

ISSUE 1:
Using the 5 GHz network.
I set to remember the WiFi SSID and password.
The phone connects and works faster than at the 2.4GHz network.
But if I left my home or turn off the router: when the phone is back to the coverage area of the AC66R, it doesn't connect automatically to the network.
I have to manually select the network to make the connection.

This issue happens in my two Samsung Galaxy S II phones.

ISSUE 2:
Using the 2.4 GHz network.
It does automatically reconnect to the network. The reconnection works normal.
The issue is after a few hours (maybe 6) of being connected the phone to the router: the Internet speed I get on the phone drops.
It can drop from 34 Mb/s to 4 Mb/s.
The solution: I have to disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi and that's it. I just need to press the WiFi toggle on the phone and then press it back to get again connection.

I cannot confirm if this happens on my two phones.

I've tried to find this issue inside the forum, but I cannot find it.
So, any ideas?

Thank you in advance for the help.

For whatever it's worth, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.1.2) working well over 2.4ghz wifi with my RT-AC66U and the .270 Merlin firmware. Fast, solid connections with that combination.

For whatever it's worth, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.1.2) working well over 2.4ghz wifi with my RT-AC66U and the .270 Merlin firmware. Fast, solid connections with that combination.

Thanks! And why you don't use the 5 GHz?

Hi I also have the Galaxy S2 and works perfect with both, I use the 5G as it's fast and have the same range as the 2.4, I use Cyanogen 10.1 ( nighty build) .
He connect every time I came home with no problem.
I use the 354.27 beta1 but before I used the 270 stock and the 270.26 RMerlin all with no connection problem on the Galaxy.
:)

Hi I also have the Galaxy S2 and works perfect with both, I use the 5G as it's fast and have the same range as the 2.4, I use Cyanogen 10.1 ( nighty build) .
He connect every time I came home with no problem.
I use the 354.27 beta1 but before I used the 270 stock and the 270.26 RMerlin all with no connection problem on the Galaxy.
:)

One question: you always used the CM10.1 or you had tried the router and the stock Samsung ROM?

I noticed something more.

This slow down on my Android phone, affects only to the download and ping but not to the upload.

I mean, even when the connection works slow, I still have 10 MB/s upload.
And the download is less than 6 MB/s when it should be around 30.

Any ideas?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!