What's new

RT-AC66R Crashing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mphacker

New Around Here
I recently purchased a RT-AC66R and have had frequent reboots/crashes. I am on Comcast and have been seeing the "Neighbour table overflow" issue. After running into issues with the latest stock firmware I flashed to Merlin's latest (374.40) and used the firewall-start trick to block the overflow issue. After flashing I did reset the router to factor defaults.

It seems like the overflow issue went away and the logs were much cleaner. Yesterday I had the router lock up a couple times. I woke up this morning with the router completely locked up. No Internet access and no ability to get to the router admin page.

I am digging through the system log but I am not seeing anything that stands out as an issue.

As an FYI - I had a Linksys EA4500 but replaced it with the ASUS because the Linksys would lock up every so often where it became impossible to access it's admin page. However, the Linksys would keep functioning although it would introduce lag into the network. Not sure if any of this would be related.

Any thoughts on how to begin to troubleshoot this?

After reading some comments I have tried turning of Nat Acceleration to see if that fixes the issue. I also have seen comments that Comcast users should disable the Spanning-Tree Protocol. Is that correct?

After disabling both NAT Acceleration and Spanning-Tree protocol in the Switch Control settings I have not had any issues. Been up and running 5 hours without issue. I will check back in tomorrow with a status.

24 hours later and no crash or unexpected reboot. It appears the NAT acceleration was causing the problem for me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!