What's new

RT-AC66R Version 3.0.0.4.382.51641 - lost access to Guest WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SBMongoos

Occasional Visitor
I opted to segment the IOTs to guest WiFi. Oddly some items connect and some won't. Why is that?

Anyway, since the update to f/w Version 3.0.0.4.382.51641 I lost access to Guest WiFi in the
RT-AC66R GUI. I still see the signal I setup for Guest WiFi but I can no longer get to it in the GUI. Odd. Anyone else seen this? Maybe factory reset and don't restore config?

I opted to segment the IOTs to guest WiFi. Oddly some items connect and some won't. Why is that?

Anyway, since the update to f/w Version 3.0.0.4.382.51641 I lost access to Guest WiFi in the
RT-AC66R GUI. I still see the signal I setup for Guest WiFi but I can no longer get to it in the GUI. Odd. Anyone else seen this? Maybe factory reset and don't restore config?

I would troubleshoot oddness with a clean install: local flash, reset, config from scratch. Then troubleshoot from there.

OE

I would troubleshoot oddness with a clean install: local flash, reset, config from scratch. Then troubleshoot from there.

OE

Logged in now. When I go into Guest Network now it has something called Facebook WiFi. This was never there before. Goes on to say:

Facebook Wi-Fi lets customers check in to participating businesses on Facebok for free Wi-Fi access. When people check int to your Page, you can share offers and other announcements with them.

Then you can hit Go and there is a MAC filtering list below that. I've never seen this Facebook info before. It was a page that allowed you to setup a guest network, create the SSID and pwd and if you wanted 2.4 or 5ghz.

Update:
So opted to roll it back one on the F/W. No change. Factory reset and now appears all well. Haven't done a factory reset in ....no idea how long. Updated to current F/W and all looks good. Will do new config and not restore old one.

Last edited:
Logged in now. When I go into Guest Network now it has something called Facebook WiFi. This was never there before. Goes on to say:

Facebook Wi-Fi lets customers check in to participating businesses on Facebok for free Wi-Fi access. When people check int to your Page, you can share offers and other announcements with them.

Then you can hit Go and there is a MAC filtering list below that. I've never seen this Facebook info before. It was a page that allowed you to setup a guest network, create the SSID and pwd and if you wanted 2.4 or 5ghz.

Update:
So opted to roll it back one on the F/W. No change. Factory reset and now appears all well. Haven't done a factory reset in ....no idea how long. Updated to current F/W and all looks good. Will do new config and not restore old one.

Ignore the Facebook stuff... I think it was a short lived idea for offering guest WiFi and marketing... with any luck, it will go away with a firmware upgrade.

OE

Ignore the Facebook stuff... I think it was a short lived idea for offering guest WiFi and marketing... with any luck, it will go away with a firmware upgrade.

OE

Ya, I did. Factory reset cleared it up. Running snappier when I log into the interface as well. New config about done so will back this config up soon.

OE

Hmm... not seeing an option to view devices (in this WiFi router) that are on the guest SSID only.

Go to the wireless log page and look at the flags column. Any device that has a G in the string is on a guest network.

Go to the wireless log page and look at the flags column. Any device that has a G in the string is on a guest network.

Just looked but it only shows the 2.4/5ghz primaries but not the guest network. Running the latest f/w.

I did have the SSID hid but I removed that option and refreshed the data but still no go. Confirmed I could see the guest SSID.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!