What's new

RT-AC66U B1 NFS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snubber

New Around Here
I want to use NFS mounts with RT-AC66U B1 but the UI has absolutely no options for NFS. Is it possible to enable NFS on this router? Why is it missing on this model?
My version is 3.0.0.4.385_20633-g593a8ef
Even if not, can I ssh in and install NFS server myself? I can't seem to find any docs on installing anything on merlin.

As mentioned above you're posting the the Merlin forum but using stock Asus firmware. Asus' firmware doesn't include an NFS server AFAIK, however Merlin's does (it's under USB Application).

Wait what? So Asus does not have the full blown Merlin? Just to be clear, if I bought another Asus router I would end up in the same situation simply because Asus has modified Merlin?
The RT-AC66U B1 router comes with FTP, Samba, and Windows Media Server for USB Application right out of the box.
I read all over the web of people having an extra tab on the USB application for NFS, mine does not and 0 information on why not.

No silly, you have to flash Merlin over the stock firmware.

Wait what? So Asus does not have the full blown Merlin? Just to be clear, if I bought another Asus router I would end up in the same situation simply because Asus has modified Merlin?
The RT-AC66U B1 router comes with FTP, Samba, and Windows Media Server for USB Application right out of the box.
I read all over the web of people having an extra tab on the USB application for NFS, mine does not and 0 information on why not.
"Merlin" (or more accurately "Asuswrt-Merlin") is an unofficial firmware made by one individual (Eric Sauvageau) that replaces the official stock Asus firmware.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!