What's new

Solved RT-AC66U B1 USB desapire after restart

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Really do not see it as an issue. EXT3 format works on the AC66U_B1. For-the-record I did try the EXT4 format via AMTM one more time. Then I did an EXT3 format and that worked.
For now I've taken the AC66U_B1 back to Asus firmware and am preparing it to be the main router in a small office with two AC68U's for nodes.
Thanks for trying @bbunge. As noted in my edits to that post we've tracked it down to an incompatibility introduced in the Alpha firmware. So thanks for bringing it to our attention. @thelonelycoder is working on a fix.

Your screenshot in the previous post clearly shows ext4 as the recommended option. You're also running 384.18 which would not be possible on the older models that lack ext4 support.

When available ext4 (with journalling) is a better choice than ext3. The only time there are issues using ext4 is if you have used another device (like a RaspberryPi or Ubuntu PC) to do the formatting. This might be what @bbunge was thinking of. Provided you use amtm to format your device you should have no issues.

I only use AMTM for formatting. The problem comes after safely removing the flash drive and restarting the router. If I don't, there are no problems

I haven't had any problems since using EXT3. It looks like my router is really experiencing problems with EXT4. Thanks to @bbunge for the guidance. I will wait for a stable version of the 386 and I will try EXT4 again to see if it will work correctly.
P.P. Be healthy, that here the problem with Kovid becomes terrible.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!