What's new

RT-AC66U no power

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WherEmEweeD

Occasional Visitor
I have 2x RT-AC66U
One of them just will not power on at all, i'm guessing shes had it. the power plug works, the only light i have to work with is the power plug blue light it turns off when i plug the no power RT-AC66U in.
No led or anything lights up on the RT-AC66U unit.

Any ideas or methods to fix it?

I don't think it is in your best interest to fix this model. It has been out of support for many years now. All the RT-AC66Us I had have long since died. Consider yourself lucky yours made it to 2022.

Your probably right, I wish i looked into upgrading the firmware of it sooner as I noticed my other one was having power issues with too many devices connected via wifi shutting it down so i upgraded to the latest firmware just released in 2021 and it fixed everything.
they are the hardware rev-A2 RT-AC66U

With 'current' firmware already 2 years old (and that's the beta version), consider this a gentle push to more current hardware. Keep in mind only the AX Class Asus routers will get the latest firmware though (currently 388.xx), but even when we thought AC Class Asus routers would also get the same level of firmware, no AC class router is currently worth wasting money on (that is how good the AX routers are vs. their old and distant ancestors). That is, if you want it to have a chance of it living anywhere near as long as your units have.

Your choice of course, but a very good, current router starts at the RT-AX68U today, with excellent performance and value (particularly when on sale).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!