What's new

RT-AC66U Ports Not Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I signed up only for a problem I am currently having with port forwarding and stumbled upon this thread.
I am on firmware 3.0.0.4.378.6065 and using ASUS RT-AC87U.
The application I am using is HFS (http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/). I use it for sharing files with friends to upload and download off my machine and only activate it when needed.
I have done port forwarding with a range like 59642:59650, selected my machine's IP and entered the local IP, protocol TCP.
I launched the HFS app and can successfully access it via local LAN via localhost:54962, <LocalIP>:54962 and from another machine locally as well. But am unable to access it via internet.
I have read this thread but am wondering if there is solution to this. I was using different routers before and had no issues with port forwarding. In the thread there are things we can try like the following but am lost as to where to enter them:
iptables -t nat -L VSERVER -v

I am not a network techie but work with desktops and administer some servers on a surface level. But I am not familiar with the above command and it does not seem to work on my Windows 7 Pro. laptop.

I have also done the LAN > Switch Control> NAT Acceleration > Disable
But that does not seem to help either.

Would there be a firmware fix coming out soon or could someone guide me further, please?

Thank you.

Hi

Did you ever get this sorted? I have just upgraded my N66U to an AC68U (running latest Merlin code) and I can't for the life of me get port forwarding to my Foscam internal camera to work.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!