What's new

RT-AC66U Qos not working properly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fredox19

New Around Here
So I have the RT-AC66U, for some reason I can't use my 240mb/s download if Qos is enable. The max I can get is 110mb/s. The upload works fine. I just have issue with the download. I picked manual Bandwidth Limiter and clicked on my pc for testing. Even though it's set for 240 for my download it doesn't go near that, just stays at 110mb/s. It does go lower, if I set it for 50mb/s then it will stay at 50. If I turn off Qos then I get my 240mb/s. Is it time for a new router?
Thanks

This is normal, your router's CPU isn't powerful enough to handle both QoS and 240 Mbps at the same time.

This is normal, your router's CPU isn't powerful enough to handle both QoS and 240 Mbps at the same time.
I see, I've been cracking my head to figure this out. Even added different firmware to it. What router do you recommend that can handle this?

RT-AC68U should be fine.

Would RT-AC68U be able to handle that?

If you simply want a router that supports modern QoS that's capable of speeds above 250mbit then I'd get an EdgeRouter-X for $50 (vs $150 for the RT-AC68U) and use your RT-AC66U as just a WiFi Access Point (AP-mode).

If you simply want a router that supports modern QoS that's capable of speeds above 250mbit then I'd get an EdgeRouter-X for $50 (vs $150 for the RT-AC68U) and use your RT-AC66U as just a WiFi Access Point (AP-mode).
I just found out about that little guy trying to find a cheaper option since my router still works fine. And was kicking myself for not buying those T-mobile router that was on slickdeals a few months back. But I will get that EdgeRouter this week. It's perfect for what I want to do. Thanks for your help.

I had similar problems with my mighty AC88U. Adaptive QOS and hardware accelerated NAT enabled allowed me to finally get my full 180 down.

Give that a try on the AC66 if available.

I had similar problems with my mighty AC88U. Adaptive QOS and hardware accelerated NAT enabled allowed me to finally get my full 180 down.

Give that a try on the AC66 if available.

No Adaptive QoS on the RT-AC66U.

Well Slickdeals has the T-Mobile ac68u for $45 today. Im going to install the merlin firmware when I get it. Hopefully this will fix my needs.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!