What's new

RT-ac66u reboots like crazy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

perhaps it is being placed in an area with poor air flow or in a hot room. To confirm the problem, try the router without wireless. It could be some wireless feature or maybe even heat or firmware.

What exactly did you use on your router?

perhaps it is being placed in an area with poor air flow or in a hot room. To confirm the problem, try the router without wireless. It could be some wireless feature or maybe even heat or firmware.

What exactly did you use on your router?

What do you mean what did I use? Do you mean what firmware I was using? Or was cycling through?

I did some troubleshooting, and having my Xbox One unplugged from the router (but still connected with wireless) keeps my router from rebooting constantly. I ordered new Cat6 cables from Amazon to replace my TiVo, Xbox One, and cable modem.

I'll post with results when the cables arrive.

I did some troubleshooting, and having my Xbox One unplugged from the router (but still connected with wireless) keeps my router from rebooting constantly. I ordered new Cat6 cables from Amazon to replace my TiVo, Xbox One, and cable modem.

I'll post with results when the cables arrive.

Any results to share?

I had the same repeat rebooting issue with firmware 3.0.0.4.380_3831 yesterday for whole day, I just disabled the 2.4G Wireless radio this morning, now my ASUS RT-AC66U has been running stable for almost 15 hours.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!