What's new

[RT-AC66U] Site survey not showing any network on Merlin RT-AC66U_374.43_44E

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

botte

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

I bought an used RT-AC66U v1 like 2 months ago
I installed this latest merlin firmware: RT-AC66U_374.43_44EAj9527
It worked good, but now I moved to a new house, and I need to use it again as repeater.

The problem is after I resetted it, the "site survey" stays searching all the time, and don't find any network. There are a few networks with good signal around.

I tried resetting with all methods, rst button, wps button when powering on, GUI, ssh (tried nvram erase and mtd-erase -d nvram with hard reset after).

It all sorta resetted the router but the problem is still here.

I also tried reflashing the firmware and same result.

I have a doubt the resets are really cleaning everything as when I start again the router and connect to it, I have the initial setup menu but it's in my language, french, when I think when I received it first time I think it was in english... which let me think the nvram is not totally erased, or something else ?

Anyone have an idea what can be the cause of this ?

Thanks in advance
Cheers

After resetting it, does the configuration wizard start?

Are you restoring any old backup configuration files to it afterward?

Is the router set up in Router mode or Repeater mode?

What is the main router model?

Try going to Administration - System and setting Format JFFS partition at next boot to Yes. Apply that change and then reboot (using the button in the GUI) the router twice.

After the router completes booting up for the second time press the reset button for 3 seconds and let it boot up again.

after resetting, yes the config wizard start, but in french. Default should be english isn't it ?
I don't restore any configuration, I just try to set it straight in repeater mode, then I arrive to network list where I should select one, and none are found, it keeps searching
router is RT-AC66U A2

Try going to Administration - System and setting Format JFFS partition at next boot to Yes. Apply that change and then reboot (using the button in the GUI) the router twice.

After the router completes booting up for the second time press the reset button for 3 seconds and let it boot up again.
allright i'll try that

didn't change anything :-(

I start to wonder if it's not hardware fault, maybe during the moving something break but... I doubt it. Because wifi work I connect to the router in wifi

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!