What's new

RT-AC66U with 3g/4g USB loadbalace

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

twistedus

New Around Here
Hello, I'm new so please be gentle. I've searched and found some cryptic info but not "Ive done this and it works".

Will the ac66u work with a LTE USB (Verizon) and will it work with a DSL or cable WAN - Load balance together?

I'm coming from a Cradlepoint MBR1400 and I would like to throw it out the window! Even if their is a chance the ac66u will work a little I will try.

It seems the list of USB modems supported on the ASUS website is out of date? has anyone attached one (What kind?) and it worked? I have the LG600 and the Pantech also.

Thanks in advance.

There is no load balancing support in Asuswrt yet. True dual WAN support (which will include load balancing in addition to failover) is still under development by Asus.

Thanks for the reply! Ok one more question: Does the USB support LTE/3g4g cards like the LG600 or the pantech UML290, Has anyone tried ether?

I have the same question. Does the RT-AC66U support Verizon 4G LTE? I have a Pantech UML290 4G LTE USB modem that i tried plugging in and configuring what settings i knew but it would not connect to the Verizon network. Anyone have the Verizon 4G settings needed to connect?

What about flashing to DD-WRT firmware, i believe it has the Pantech UML290 listed as a supported modem?

I just wanted to say that I was able to finally get my UML290 4G LTE device connected to the internet and working last night through the ASUS router.

It doesn't appear to be very reliable though as it won't connect when entering the settings through the Quick Internet Setup and even when I save the settings through the 'USB Application' -> '3G/4G' modem section it would connect once then when I tried changing some of the settings it would fail to connect even when I reverted back to the previously working ones. Rebooted the router several times to no avail so I gave up and went back to my Cradlepoint router which never causes me any issues.

I also noticed the upload speeds when connected through the ASUS were a lot slower than what i get with the 4G device connected to my Cradlepoint router. I typically get 10-15 Mbps upload on the Cradlepoint and was only getting 2-4 Mbps on the ASUS.

Anyway, if someone else wants to give it a try, here are the settings I found that seem to allow my Pantech UML290 to connect through the ASUS router:

Enable USB Modem: Yes
ISP: Verizon
APN Service: VZWINTERNET
Dial Number: *99***3#
Pin Code: *blank*
Username: *blank*
Password: *blank*
USB Adapter: Auto

I tried entering the username (phone number@vzw4g.com) and password (vzw) to see if that did anything to help the 4G speeds I was connecting at but it didn't and that was when I started running into issues with it not wanting to connect any more after applying different settings several times.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!