What's new

RT-AC67U (2- pack) AC1900 node not displaying in AiMesh list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blade123

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

I am new to the networking scene so please go easy on me. I purchased the Asus RT-AC67U (2pack) mainly to access a better connection at my dead zones throughout my home. I had setup the 2 routers as indicated in the instructions, however the 1 router, which I setup as the node is not displaying in the list.

Both routers have the updated firmware. I have reset both the devices and started from scratch 3 times now with no luck still. I have tried to add the other node through my PC connected to the main router, and through my phone app connected to the WiFi with also no luck.

Also, when I connect a device to the node's LAN port it has internet access but I cannot see that device in the list. And when I put a device directly next to the node router, it seems like the WiFi connection is being connected to the primary router still. Is there anyway I will know if the device is either connected to the node or the primary router?

Am I wrong here thinking that these devices were meant to be some sort of WiFi repeater or am doing something wrong?

Thanks

First you have to select "search", then it should find possible nodes to join. After it is included in Aimesh it will be shown in the list.
Factory reset second (child) router before and dont setup anything on it, just power up and all is done on master router.
Search web for videos how to do.

First you have to select "search", then it should find possible nodes to join. After it is included in Aimesh it will be shown in the list.
Factory reset second (child) router before and dont setup anything on it, just power up and all is done on master router.
Search web for videos how to do.

After selecting search, it displays the router and I select it to go through the setup process. After completion, it says the node has been successfully added, however I still cannot see the node in the list. Done it 3 times now with no luck. Could it be a firmware issue?