What's new

RT-AC68 mesh?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asus seem to have endless different models and versions with "AC68" in the name so I'd be reluctant to say definitely that "all" of them support AiMesh.

Which specific model are you thinking about? If it's a new router it should come with AiMesh out of the box, so no need to "upgrade" to get AiMesh.

The short answer is yes. You can upgrade your AC68U to firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.40558 which runs AiMesh 2.0 quite well.

I ask because there was one on ebay, and the seller said they were selling it because they upgraded to Mesh. But I thought it was upgradable to Mesh.

I ask because there was one on ebay, and the seller said they were selling it because they upgraded to Mesh. But I thought it was upgradable to Mesh.

What seller meant was that they don't want it any more. I don't blame them... it's a used 8-year old AC router.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!