What's new

RT-AC68R / FW 3.0.0.4.378_3873 / NAT loopback stops working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TSloper

Occasional Visitor
The latest FW appears to have an issues with NAT loopback stopping within a few minutes after booting. I can use my public address for a brief time from my LAN to access my NAS but after a few minutes it will no longer connect. If I am not on the LAN I can still access the NAS via the public address. I've loaded the FW twice and cleared the NVRAM each time.

FW 3626 did not have any problem with NAT loopback.

Is anyone else seeing an issue with FW 3873?

The latest FW appears to have an issues with NAT loopback stopping within a few minutes after booting. I can use my public address for a brief time from my LAN to access my NAS but after a few minutes it will no longer connect. If I am not on the LAN I can still access the NAS via the public address. I've loaded the FW twice and cleared the NVRAM each time.

Yes, I noticed the same thing with my RT-68P router when I loaded this firmware. I cannot access my devices when I am on my own internal LAN using the outside network addressing but I can still access then from outside my network (from the WAN internet remotely). So NAT loopback seems to be disabled or not functionining properly on this latest firmware version. I wish that they would fix it and give us a menu option to enable or disable the
NAT loopback feature.

On an RT-AC68U (TM-AC1900), ran 3873 loopback didn't work. Had Time Machine problems so I bailed back to the latest Asus firmware, where loopback does not work either.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!