What's new

RT-AC68U 18th January 2021 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41634

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kozman

Occasional Visitor
No release notes yet but probably the same or nearly the same fixes as the RT-AC86U. Found it on the official ASUS support site.

While this new version is available for download from the US site, doing an update check from an AC68U and AC66U_B1 shows the current firmware is the latest version

USA release notes showing as:
  1. Fixed Let’s Encrypt not working properly.
  2. Added IPTV supports for specific region.
  3. Fixed parental control issues.
This firmware add more security protection for configuration.

If you want to manually downgrade to previously version, please reset the router to default after downgraded.

Running well on my AiMesh Node with the same version on the RT-AC66U_B1 root router.

With the flush of releases for the 386.41700 code base am wondering if this 386-41634 is a step up to enable encrypted NVRAM before the push to the next version?

Last edited:
Running well on my AiMesh Node with the same version on the RT-AC66U_B1 root router.

With the flush of releases for the 386.41700 code base am wondering if this 386-41634 is a step up to enable encrypted NVRAM before the push to the next version?
Maybe, with this from the release notes:
Code:
This firmware add more security protection for configuration.
Firmware installed on my router, no additional reset or so ever.

For anyone that's tried the new firmware, could you please comment on the 2 following things:

1. Is the guest network "Access Intranet" feature reverted to the 385 firmware revision? 386 (the first AiMesh 2.0 firmware) changed it to full lan access (enabled) or single isolated device (disabled). In version 385, when disabled, it segments by SSID so that devices under the same SSID could see each other but not the rest of the network.

2. In the LAN > DHCP Server > Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list, have they fixed the "DNS Server" feature? That feature broke going from 385 to 386. I wasn't able to assign custom DNS.

Hello,
I have installed this on my AC68u (main router) and ac66ub1 (mesh node), and it worked well for the day.

However, when I activate guest network 1, I lose internet completely. I tried rebooting, etc but that doesn't help. Only deactivating the guest network and rebooting gets back the internet.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or any any explanation for this?

Thank you

Try using Guest Network 2 or 3 instead. You can search for an explanation but see if the (possible) fix works first. :)

Try using Guest Network 2 or 3 instead. You can search for an explanation but see if the (possible) fix works first. :)
Hello,
Thank you. Guest network 2 or 3 work fine. I have no idea why number 1 totally screws of the internet access.

Is there a technical different between 1,2 or 3 when used as a mesh? For example, do they all propagate to nodes? I couldn't tell.

Thank you again

Guest Network 1 behaves differently since 386, since it's able to be synced with AiMesh nodes, and now uses a different subnet.

Any clue why it disables the internet for all the broadcast networks (guest and others)?
I liked the idea of propagating the guest networks to the nodes, but right now it doesn't seem to work.

If this is a new finding, is there a way to report it? Sorry, I'm new to this forum.

Well known issue. Looking forward to AiMesh v2. 1.

Any clue why it disables the internet for all the broadcast networks (guest and others)?
I liked the idea of propagating the guest networks to the nodes, but right now it doesn't seem to work.

If this is a new finding, is there a way to report it? Sorry, I'm new to this forum.
There may be other methods for reporting feedback to ASUS. One method is to login to the router, click on the Administration on the left-hand side, then click on the Feedback tab.

Reporting feedback via the ASUS router allows you to provide ASUS with your router settings and logs which will help ASUS understand your custom configuration to try to replicate the problem in order to fix the issue.

Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you. Guest network 2 or 3 work fine. I have no idea why number 1 totally screws of the internet access.

Is there a technical different between 1,2 or 3 when used as a mesh? For example, do they all propagate to nodes? I couldn't tell.

Thank you again
Using guest 1 on 2.4 GHZ AC66U_B1 root and AC68U node with no issues.

Anything to look for if I update from the last 385 to this version? I have no guest network or AiMesh or fancy setup. Just basic home router stuff.

Anything to look for if I update from the last 385 to this version? I have no guest network or AiMesh or fancy setup. Just basic home router stuff.

Install it, reset it (webUI Restore w/Initialize), and configure it from scratch. See my install notes for basic settings, if needed.

OE

Interesting that ASUS has only published the firmware for 41634 but has published the GPL for 41700. :confused:

1611167997211.png

Just checked and there is a BETA version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 available. Fixes for a number vulnerabilities. Dated 02/01/2021.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!