What's new

Beta RT-AC68U 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't see how else they can, 1. protect their customers in a timely manner and 2. without fully testing a solution first, do otherwise.
Well for the 'timely manner'. Its 2 months later now and the Asus websites still offers this beta as the latest firmware version.
"Please be noted this is a quick fix beta version for DNSmasq vulnerabilities" :-S

I think that 2 months should have been enough to offer a official version of its firmware

Like every other manufacturer, resources are limited.

That is why I'm running v386. 2_2 for myself and my customers. Which is based on v42095.

Anyhow I don't have issues with my RT-AC68U running 9.0.0.4.386.41994.
I don't mind to sit back and wait for further updates.

I installed the beta 9.0.0.4 on my rt-ac68u and I can not get the openVPN to connect to the android phone apps. openVPN was working perfectly with the prior FW. And yes I downloaded a new client.opvn config file with the included cert from the router to the cell phone app. I noticed that the Beta .opvn file has slightly different settings for...
"
# for OpenVPN 2.4 or older
comp-lzo yes
# for OpenVPN 2.4 or newer
;compress lzo
"

where as the prior file had just ...
comp-lzo adaptive

So I changed the new file to use "adaptive" syntax and it still failed to connect.
I suspect something has changed with openVPN in this beta 9.0.0.4 rel and I can not figure out how to make it work.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I now have openVPN working in this beta rel. The problem was my doing. After updating I did a factory reset to ensure everything was fresh start. But I failed to get the DDNS->dns updater->dns host->client.ovpn file fully re-enabled and correlated. Hence the openVPN client was using the wrong IP address because the dns didn't resolve properly. I noticed the error in the log when openvpn attempted a connect. Sorry for the false alarm
Comp-lzo has been deprecated. Setting should be none or off.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!