What's new

RT-AC68U and HP ProCurve switch issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrSazerac

New Around Here
Hi all,

Not sure if this should go here or in the Switch forum...

I have an AC68U router, connected via a patch panel to a HP ProCurve switch (J9450A). My modem connects directly to the switch.

Any device directly connected to the AC68U via LAN works perfectly. Wireless connections also work fine.

But my PC (Windows 10), connected via patch panel to the switch, cannot access the internet.

From the PC I can ping the switch, but can't ping the router. Strangely though, the PC can ping any device connected to the router.

I've tried changing cables, updating firmware, resetting the PCs network settings, nothing works.

Any idea?

Thanks very much.

Wait:

AC68U --> Patch panel --> Switch <-- modem?

That... should not work.

The modem needs to plug into the WAN port on the switch.

AC68U --> Patch panel --> Switch <-- modem?

The modem needs to plug into the WAN port on the switch.
Or modem to WAN port of the ROUTER?

If i understood your network buildup correctly:

Currently you have no VLANs configured on the ProCurve switch except for the default one?

Modem and RT-AC68U WAN port should be in one VLAN, while the rest of the devices should be in other VLAN along with just ONE LAN port of RT-AC68U. Other AC68U ports should not be connected to ProCurve.
Otherwise in your current setup any device connected to ProCurve switch is connected to AC68 WAN port which is not correct.
What kind of IP address your PC is getting? From the router DHCP pool or ISP?

Patch panel aside, your buildup should look like this:

AC68 WAN port --->switch port in VLAN 5 (ID 5 for example)
Modem ---> switch port in VLAN 5
ONLY ONE AC68 LAN port (LAN 1 for example) --->switch port in VLAN 10 (ID 10 for example)
All other wired devices which should be inside your network --->any ProCurve port set to operate in VLAN 10 or AC68 LAN ports 2-4.
ProCurve should have it's management IP address in VLAN 10, but not in VLAN 5.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!