What's new

RT-AC68U and Xbox Settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bmf79

Occasional Visitor
Hello all. I have searched the forum and haven't found the answer to my question. If it's out there I missed it and I apologize. Currently I have the RT-N66U and it works perfectly for Xbox Live and Playstation Network. The N66U is using firmware 3.0.0.4.372.31 (Merlin Build). The firmware has default settings for Xbox Live and I simply checked them and ALWAYS have Open NAT on both consoles. Does the RT-AC68U have the same settings and functionality?

Hello all. I have searched the forum and haven't found the answer to my question. If it's out there I missed it and I apologize. Currently I have the RT-N66U and it works perfectly for Xbox Live and Playstation Network. The N66U is using firmware 3.0.0.4.372.31 (Merlin Build). The firmware has default settings for Xbox Live and I simply checked them and ALWAYS have Open NAT on both consoles. Does the RT-AC68U have the same settings and functionality?

You should get the same results with an RT-AC68U, unless there's a specific issue with the AC68U that I'm not aware of. Note that the option to optimize for XBox is only to resolve a wireless compatibility issue, it has no impact on NAT.

Well I guess that I could disable it since I'm hard wired to the router. I was just trying to make sure that I would have the same constant open NAT that I enjoy on the N66U. I have no port forward or triggering and it works perfectly. I've actually been reluctant yo upgrade to your newest firmware build it's working so well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!