What's new

[RT-AC68U] DLNA Problem with 3.0.0.4.378.9313 and 3.0.0.4.378.9135 crashing Cisco DMA2100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Al Zieba

New Around Here
I opened a case with Asus Tech Support this past weekend, but haven't heard back yet. There is a problem with 3.0.0.4.378.9313 and 3.0.0.4.378.9135 code. This code causes all of the Linksys DMA2100 Windows Media Center Extenders in my house to crash/lockup. My only solution was to revert back to 3.0.0.4.378.4585. The problem is very similar to this one in the link, except that the culprit is the ASUS RT-AC68U ->http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70348#p70348

Also, not sure if it is related, but I was testing the cloudcheck IOS application as the same time. So it could be the ASSIA agent or configuration it does on the 68U.

I took a wireshark trace of it as well.

Wanted to add that those firmware as well as Merlin's 56_2 also breaks Windows media center hdhomerun network tuner detection.

I'm back to John's fork V14E1 on my 68P

Heard back from Asus Tech Support, this is a known issue, they are working on it. Last good known working firmware is 3.0.0.4.378.4585. Stay tuned for a permanent fix.

I opened a case with Asus Tech Support this past weekend, but haven't heard back yet. There is a problem with 3.0.0.4.378.9313 and 3.0.0.4.378.9135 code. This code causes all of the Linksys DMA2100 Windows Media Center Extenders in my house to crash/lockup. My only solution was to revert back to 3.0.0.4.378.4585. The problem is very similar to this one in the link, except that the culprit is the ASUS RT-AC68U ->http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70348#p70348

Also, not sure if it is related, but I was testing the cloudcheck IOS application as the same time. So it could be the ASSIA agent or configuration it does on the 68U.

I took a wireshark trace of it as well.

Thank you for your interest in Cloudcheck.

ASSIA Agent doesn't modify any routers settings in the router to cause a crash or lock up on wifi connected devices.

If we haven't answered your specific question here, we'd be delighted to be in touch with you and answer your questions directly. Please complete our contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly.

CloudCheck, I have to disagree. Even with .4585 code, it works fine until I run the Smartifi part of your app. After that, my Cisco DMA2100s will not come up. I can reboot everything and still no change. My only recourse is to reload the firmware on my RT-AC68U router. While your app may not modify the router, it could be activating a service that is causing my problems.

CloudCheck, I have to disagree. Even with .4585 code, it works fine until I run the Smartifi part of your app. After that, my Cisco DMA2100s will not come up. I can reboot everything and still no change. My only recourse is to reload the firmware on my RT-AC68U router. While your app may not modify the router, it could be activating a service that is causing my problems.

Thank you for letting us know about your concern. We have not come across any problems to date. We will investigate and get back to you.
Cloudcheck Products.