What's new

RT-AC68U firmware version 380.68 causing issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phydeauxman

Occasional Visitor
I applied this version to my router the other day and now several times a day my entire network will go down and the only way to bring it back is to turn the router off and unplug my switch.

I have a 24 port Gig switch hanging off of one of the Ethernet ports of the 68. I am using a single subnet for all of the devices on my network with most thing being wired into the 24 port switch. Many of the devices are static IP assigned. When the network goes out...even computers statically assigned can't communicate with one another. Devices that are wireless and not using the Gig switch at all are also not able to communicate with the router any longer.

Had none of these issues before upgrading to this firmware version. Have also tried turning Spanning Tree off but it has not made a difference.

yes, maybe when you flashed it originally to 380.68, not all of it installed correctly. It has happened to me before.

Hi,
the same thing append to my RT-AC66U with the .68 fw.
I've flashed the .68 fw about 2days ago and once each of this 2 days with the new fw my entire network was go down and the only way to bring it back was to turn the router off and on..
So @Phydeauxman did you try to flash again with the same version? if yes, does it correct the problem?
Personnaly i've go back to .67 but if, like @rototiller says, it was just an incorrect installation (which never happen to me before)...so?

Have you tried setting the router to factory defaults and manually coding things back in?

EDIT: Some strange things can go on if you upgrade to new firmware and not reset to factory defaults. This firmware upgrade I would encourage you to factory default your router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!