What's new

RT-AC68U intermittently won't connect to https://box2219.bluehost.com/

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

10eighty

New Around Here
Hey guys,
I have had this problem persisting for like 6 months. It is intermittent but it is becoming so frustrating. I have a RT-AC68U set up to my modem and every day or so randomly for an hour or two I can't get my email through my web service. It won't reach https://box2219.bluehost.com/. I have been on support with my isp, asus support, microsoft, and what I have come to find is that when I hook my computer directly to my modem then I can reach my webmail and get my emails. Similarly, when my phone is connected to my network I can't get emails, but if I switch to cellular data I can get them. It is super frustrating. I have googled this and someone else had a similar problem but no solution. Any Idea what might be causing this? Also, I have factory reset, upgraded firmware, switched RT-AC68U's and nothing seems to be solving it.

I might also add that I am a novice and I do have an interesting network set up. One RT-AC68U's set up as my primary router with a couple of switches, one of them feeding a point-to-point where I have a RT-AC1900P set up as a imesh node.

Thanks in advance.

I rarely have a problem connecting to my Bluehost stuff thru my AC68U. Are you going thru your primary or thru the mesh node?

The only thing I can think of is your DNS server configured on the router, assuming it is not using your ISP's DNS.

Your URL gives me 404 error :oops:

I rarely have a problem connecting to my Bluehost stuff thru my AC68U. Are you going thru your primary or thru the mesh node?

The only thing I can think of is your DNS server configured on the router, assuming it is not using your ISP's DNS.

Your URL gives me 404 error :oops:
Hmmm, yes, it looks like the DNS is from ASUS.com. do you think changing my DNS to my ISP's would help? How do you get a DNS from your ISP? Sorry, I am barely qualified to be having this conversation LOL. Also, yes i'm going through my primary. The Imesh node is pretty far away. The only reason I'm using it is because when I walk across the street it will switch over instead of weak signal and having to switch WiFi

Attachments

• DDNS screenshot.jpg
    DDNS screenshot.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 15
The DNS settings is something else than DDNS.
Have a look in: Advanced Settngs > WAN > Internet Connection
Look for this part:
1709051578491.png

Only "OK" will not change anything.
You might go back to the DNS settings and select "Google" followed by "OK" and test this for some time:
1709104200059.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!