What's new

RT-AC68U Internal Storage usage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chinese_ys

Regular Contributor
I recently noticed these two alerts (screenshots below) from my RT-AC68U...It is possible that they might be there for long time...
1.png

2.png

I did factory reset of the device and restored with my configuration backup....I then did format the JFFS. But the alerts still show up...The running firmware version is 386.1_2. Suggestions?

Code:
nvram set jffs2_enable=1
nvram set jffs2_on=1
nvram commit
reboot

Code:
nvram set jffs2_enable=1
nvram set jffs2_on=1
nvram commit
reboot
Thanks, those did help get rid of the JFFS alert but the NVRAM usage is still high...Do I need to factory reset again? I only run this RT-AC68U in AP mode with couple USB harddrives as a not-so-frequently used file server...

1.png

Thanks, those did help get rid of the JFFS alert but the NVRAM usage is still high...Do I need to factory reset again? I only run this RT-AC68U in AP mode with couple USB harddrives as a not-so-frequently used file server...

View attachment 32436
The RT-AC68U will always run close to that due to its limited nvram and the constant increase of new parameters.

The RT-AC68U will always run close to that due to its limited nvram and the constant increase of new parameters.
Okey...I guess either I would ignore that alert or choose a newer model to upgrade...if I may ask, which model would be recommended for upgrade? Donot need the latest wifi standard but want to balance performance, reliability and cost... RT-AX86U is a good candidate? I don’t need many lan ports but do prefer the multiple USB ports.

Okey...I guess either I would ignore that alert or choose a newer model to upgrade...if I may ask, which model would be recommended for upgrade?
This should be fine, especially if you don't use any of the advanced configuration that may require more space, like long lists of DHCP reservations.

The direct upgrade would be either the RT-AC86U or the RT-AX68U. The RT-AX86U is great, but it's a bit expensive, and would probably be overkill for your current needs.

This should be fine, especially if you don't use any of the advanced configuration that may require more space, like long lists of DHCP reservations.

The direct upgrade would be either the RT-AC86U or the RT-AX68U. The RT-AX86U is great, but it's a bit expensive, and would probably be overkill for your current needs.
Thanks! Not sure how l missed 68U when check on Asus site:)

but also just realized that the latest firmware does not support RT-AX68U yet...will have to wait for the new firmware to decide the upgrade purchase...

Last edited: