What's new

RT-AC68U Print Server problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oblech

New Around Here
I've upgraded from TP-Link archec C20 to Asus RT-AC68U to extend wifi.

I have Epson L850 eco tank printer that was connected to TP-Link router and it was working really good.

So after I hook up everything based on the RT-AC68U i have a problem with prnt server that is a pain in the b...

So I have 2 laptops via wifi and one desktop via cable. Printer is connected to usb 2.0 port in the router.

The problem is: I can print from each computer, I can scan from each computer so it should work fine.

But if I try to print something from one computer (it will print) and then somebody else decide to print something from another computer there is a printer not ready msg. Monopoly mode is not helping.

To print from another computer i have to restart the router and it will print but then it will block other computers from printing untill next restart.

That is a pain in the b... 4 times cheaper router was working with no problems and this piece of... drives me nuts.

I have reset it to factory, upgraded to up to date firmware and nothing.

Any help?

Try turning on "LPR Byte Counting" on each of your clients.

Untitled.png

Reactions: MvW
Running the printer in LPR mode does not work at all. I can send something to print but it's stuck in print queue on buffering.
The only way it will work is by using Asus Ez

What about trying to hook up the AC-68U to the Archer C20 as an AP/range extender, or is this not viable in your situation?

I've sold it so it's not an option.
Right now i'm thinking about buying a tp link print server, buying new printer, throwing that asus int the bin

Right now i'm thinking about buying a tp link print server, buying new printer, throwing that asus int the bin

I'm having good luck with my Lexmark Laser printer on an Ethernet connection... I give it a static IP. No more Inkjet cartridges for me!

OE

If you buy a new printer get one with a network interface. That way you're not reliant on a separate print server and can use whatever router you want/have.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!