What's new

RT-AC68U Reboots Randomly - Bad Eraseblock?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GorOps

New Around Here
I have an RT-AC68U on 384.17 and seems like once a month this will happen:
https://pastebin.com/DfEXYBFW

Internet drops and the router does a full reboot. I see a couple things that stick out but I don't know if they are the main cause.

Bad blocks are fairly common with this NAND type, nothing abnormal there. That's why the flash has a badblock table to map these out.

All your log indicates is your router was rebooted.

Lines 96-143 are probably a clue, but a clue to “what” eludes me. o_O

You're both right and I've checked the longer log for the whole day and don't know why it randomly reboots. This has happened two previous times like 1-2 weeks between each occurance. There were no "signs" leading up to the reboot. It just happens during normal use. It's connected to a power strip that also powers our ATT Gateway and Fiber box and neither of those rebooted or had any issues.

What do I do? Since I haven't been able to narrow down the issue through the log files should I try a full reset and firmware update? I believe there are several ways to go about this...

should I try a full reset and firmware update?
That's never a bad option. May help, may not, but at least you know it will be "clean" starting point to potentially troubleshoot further.

I would disable firewall logging. This puts an unnecessary strain on your router.