What's new

RT-AC68U recommended setting for VOIP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ngerasimatos

Regular Contributor
I use Google Voice/Hangouts constantly throughout the day for work calls, conference calls, etc. Everything works fine when I am hard wired, but when I use my phone or tablet people constantly say they her me get the "jitters" and I am "breaking up."

I have clear line of sight between myself and my wireless router and there is no other network in the immediate area. I am using channel 6 and 146, wireless N and AC only. All of my devices are very recent, 2014 Macbook Pro, HTC One M8, etc. All of my devices show a very strong connectivity rating. For example, my phone is showing a 72Mbps link speed currently and I am about 10 feet from the router using the 2.4G network. I tested using both the 2G and 5G networks and the issues were repeatable on either.

When I test using speedtest or similar I can constantly pull about 90M down and 20M up so I dont think its an issue with throughput.

I have all of the advanced settings enabled in in the router, so I am assuming some of these should be either modified or disabled. I just am not sure which ones should be enabled/disabled and if I should tweak/adjust the RTS/DTIM/Beacon values from the factory specifications.

I am hoping someone can advise on which settings should be modified and which ones to avoid touching.

I am not using QoS as there is no need with 100M connection unless running some P2P stuff or other heavy bandwidth applications. I don't push files locally and am not a heavy bandwidth hog as I use virtual desktops and such for remote connectivity into customers data centers and such.

I welcome any help or suggestions.

Hello, try this: under WAN, nat passthrough, disable sip passthrough. I corrected voip issues on my network by making this change to my router. Good luck!

RT-AC66U - RT-AC68U
MarioLangevin.com
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!