What's new

RT-AC68U source code

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

David Arnstein

Regular Contributor
I will be installing an RT-AC68 router this week, my first Asus. Of course I will be upgrading its firmware to latest immediately. I see that Asus has not published source code for the latest firmware version. My motivation for choosing Asus is source code, so I am concerned.

In the past, how quickly has Asus released firmware source code?

I will be installing an RT-AC68 router this week, my first Asus. Of course I will be upgrading its firmware to latest immediately. I see that Asus has not published source code for the latest firmware version. My motivation for choosing Asus is source code, so I am concerned.

In the past, how quickly has Asus released firmware source code?

It varies. Sometimes it's within the next 12 hours, sometimes it's 24 hours later, and sometimes they flat out forget.

BTW, the source code for the latest RT-AC68U release (378_4585) *IS* available. Asus just does not publish the source code to beta releases, as it would be a waste of time.

BTW, the source code for the latest RT-AC68U release (378_4585) *IS* available. Asus just does not publish the source code to beta releases, as it would be a waste of time.
Hello R.Merlin,

Would you care to elaborate? At https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/ I see this firmware:
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4850
However, the latest source code bundle that I can find is
GPL of ASUS RT-AC68U for firmware 3.0.0.4.378.4585
on the same page.

How can I obtain the GPL source code for 3.0.0.4.378.4850?

D.A.

Hello R.Merlin,

Would you care to elaborate? At https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/ I see this firmware:
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4850
However, the latest source code bundle that I can find is
GPL of ASUS RT-AC68U for firmware 3.0.0.4.378.4585
on the same page.

How can I obtain the GPL source code for 3.0.0.4.378.4850?

D.A.

As I said, Asus does not publish the GPL code for BETA releases. 3.0.0.4.378_4850 is a beta release, see the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• beta.png
    beta.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 415
As I said, Asus does not publish the GPL code for BETA releases. 3.0.0.4.378_4850 is a beta release, see the attached screenshot.
Hello RMerlin,

Thank you for explaining this. I suppose that I should have my vision checked. Anyway, I appreciate that you took the time to post an image file and an explanation.

Kind regards,
D.A.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!