What's new

RT-AC68U speed result between Merlin and Fork firmware.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

atadikohp

New Around Here
So I just bought a RT-AC68U with the internet package 100/10
After flashed with latest Merlin Build 384.8_2 firmware this is what I got:
Wire : 47 down , 2.4GHz: 15 down, 5GHz: 50 down

On the Fork RT-AC68U_374.43_37E4j9527 firmware, I got:
Wire: 85 down, 2.4GHz: 65 down , 5GHz : 110 down

My question is there any setting in the new Merlin firmware that I can change to improve the speed??
Thanks

It sounds like something is wrong with your setup. You should easily be able to get 100Mbps down over any connection (except perhaps 2.4GHz). This is highlighted by the fact that you can get 110Mbps over WiFi with John's firmware but only 85Mbps over Ethernet.

Try plugging your PC directly into your cable modem and do multiple speed tests over time to make sure your internet connection is working consistently at full speed.

If your internet connection is working properly try disabling QoS and any VPN clients on the router. If you still have slow speeds over wired Ethernet post a detailed description of your setup.

It sounds like something is wrong with your setup. You should easily be able to get 100Mbps down over any connection (except perhaps 2.4GHz). This is highlighted by the fact that you can get 110Mbps over WiFi with John's firmware but only 85Mbps over Ethernet.

Try plugging your PC directly into your cable modem and do multiple speed tests over time to make sure your internet connection is working consistently at full speed.

If your internet connection is working properly try disabling QoS and any VPN clients on the router. If you still have slow speeds over wired Ethernet post a detailed description of your setup.
I did an NVRAM reset after both flash, changed SSSID and Password, Change DNS to (8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4) that is it.
I just don't know why the speed is terrible when it is with Merlin build. (I did try to download the firmware again) Really like the new interface in the new firmware but the speed is killing me.
Please advise

Also, when wired, please share the details from the router GUI (Tools - SysInfo) network port speeds for both WAN and LAN.

Wireless speeds could maybe be explained by different channels being used between firmwares if still set to the default of Auto, but as @ColinTaylor mentions, your wired speeds shouldn’t be so different unless your ISP connection is inconsistent.