What's new

RT AC68U Wireless speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

w11x22

Occasional Visitor
Hi all
I just upgraded my internet from 40/10 to 500/500 but for some reason I am only getting 50 to 60 mbps on wireless even when I just stand right besides the Router. When I connect to ISP router (wirelessly) I do get over 300 mbps but problem is my ISP's Router sucks in terms of range so I have to use my AC68U. Does that means I have to upgrade my Asus router to the newer one?
I even tried Asus stock FM but no restrictions or anything and QoS etc but still the same
But my wired connection is fine it is just the Wireless connection where the speed sucks. Any suggestions?
TIA

Hi all
I just upgraded my internet from 40/10 to 500/500 but for some reason I am only getting 50 to 60 mbps on wireless even when I just stand right besides the Router. When I connect to ISP router (wirelessly) I do get over 300 mbps but problem is my ISP's Router sucks in terms of range so I have to use my AC68U. Does that means I have to upgrade my Asus router to the newer one?
I even tried Asus stock FM but no restrictions or anything and QoS etc but still the same
But my wired connection is fine it is just the Wireless connection where the speed sucks. Any suggestions?
TIA

I assume from these speeds you are testing 2.4Ghz? Your difference may be due to channel width, 20 MHz vs 40 MHz. 20, although slower, is usually recommended.

I get 350mbps+ with 5ghz wifi from my 68u. That's with adaptive QOS and all the add-on scripts.
I did my tests on 2.5 Ghz. Could you please test your on 2.5 and let me know?
The reason I am testing this because I lose signal strength on upper floor with 5 Ghz

Did you see my earlier reply to you, w11x22?
Yes, I did. I just wanted to make sure that there is no issue my Router and it is just old? Since I upgraded my ISP t0 500/500 and I am still getting 50/60 Mbps. So my question is, is this 50/60 Mbps on a 68U on a 2.4 Ghz normal?
If normal then I should be getting a newer Router to achieve higher speeds on 2.4?

No that's not normal. I can get 100 Mbps on my mobile phone (2 antennas) on 2.4 GHz and that's using 20MHz bandwidth.

When I connect to ISP router (wirelessly) I do get over 300 mbps...
To get more than 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz you would have to be using 40 MHz bandwidth and be using a client that had 3 antennas (like a MacBook Pro).

Last edited: