What's new

RT-AC68W (or RT-AC66W) in the UK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JamesK

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,
For purely aesthetic reasons I need to get hold of the RT-AC68W, although the RT-AC66W would also be fine for my needs.
However, according to Asus they have not ever launched the product in the UK, and do not intend to do so. I' not even sure if it was launched in Europe either.

Several eBay sellers in the US are offering both for sale. So I was wondering, other than needing a different power supply, would I have any other issues in using a US purchased router in the UK?

Would there be any configuration changes needed to tell the router it was operating in the UK/Europe instead of the US?

Many Thanks...

Hi All,
For purely aesthetic reasons I need to get hold of the RT-AC68W, although the RT-AC66W would also be fine for my needs.
However, according to Asus they have not ever launched the product in the UK, and do not intend to do so. I' not even sure if it was launched in Europe either.

Several eBay sellers in the US are offering both for sale. So I was wondering, other than needing a different power supply, would I have any other issues in using a US purchased router in the UK?

Would there be any configuration changes needed to tell the router it was operating in the UK/Europe instead of the US?

Many Thanks...

You could be on the lookout for a non working one on eBay, then transplant the guts from a black one into a white casing.
Make the info from the case match your unit, meaning MAC address etc.

Amazon currently has the RT-AC68W for $120 USD. I think today only (2/29/16).

Amazon currently has the RT-AC68W for $120 USD. I think today only (2/29/16).
Yes I'd seen that earlier, unfortunately when you click-through the price goes up. I'm assuming because they're out of their own stock and are resorting to a third party seller, even though they are still fulfilling the item.