What's new

RT AC86u / 3.0.0.4.386.41634 / Unknown mac's appearing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin
Would your firmware identify the IP address or any other info related to these Mac addresses?

Only if the client actually associated AND authentified with the router. Otherwise, the client won't have connected, therefore there won't be any IP address associated to it.

You'd get the same info regardless of the firmware you use.

Only if the client actually associated AND authentified with the router. Otherwise, the client won't have connected, therefore there won't be any IP address associated to it.

You'd get the same info regardless of the firmware you use.

Thanks for the info. I guess that's the part I'm really not understanding. As I said in post #1...

"System Log General. This is the ONLY place I see them spamming the log over and over. Do NOT see them in Network View List, , Wireless Log, or DHCP Leases."

How are they even in the General Log if they aren't associated and authenticated? Clearly they aren't since they don't show in the other logs, but why are they even there at all?

You might do some reading up on their Sidewalk feature that provides neighbor hood connectivity by 900 MHZ and Bluetooth4 to otger similar devices as well as tile devices and other LowEnergy bluetooth devices upto 1/2 a mile away.
Their MAC shows up because they connect through whatever device actually authenticated on your network.

To me, those would be like putting a stray unauthorized wireless access point within my setup here. No.

You might do some reading up on their Sidewalk feature that provides neighbor hood connectivity by 900 MHZ and Bluetooth4 to otger similar devices as well as tile devices and other LowEnergy bluetooth devices upto 1/2 a mile away.
Their MAC shows up because they connect through whatever device actually authenticated on your network.

To me, those would be like putting a stray unauthorized wireless access point within my setup here. No.
Thanks, I'm read up on it. As stated a couple of times now, the feature is OFF so it should not be attaching or broadcasting on anything. Period.

It should be, but no guarantee it is.

Anyone know how to keep cpu wait on.

if I use the command "pwr config --wait on" and then reboot the router cpu wait goes back to off.

Also, why isn't there an import/export feature for Wireless MAC filter list by now?

I have to paste 100 macs by hand every time I do full reset.

Is there an easy ssh command line to export and import?

My unknown mac is on "w11.1" Is that 2.4ghz? Thinking maybe Amazon sidewalk, but I also have it turned off. I noticed my modem renewed dhcp. So could unknown mac just be an old device? Thanks.

My unknown mac is on "w11.1" Is that 2.4ghz? Thinking maybe Amazon sidewalk, but I also have it turned off. I noticed my modem renewed dhcp. So could unknown mac just be an old device? Thanks.
wl1.1 is 5GHz Guest network #1.

Thank you!!!!!! That helped me figure out that the unknown mac was actually a school chromebook for one of my kids. I wish there was a list of all of the interfaces somewhere. I think eth5=5ghz-1 and eth6=5ghz-2. Now I know wl1.1=GUEST5ghz-1. What about main 2.4ghz, GUEST2.4ghz, and GUEST5ghz-2?
Thanks again!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online