What's new

RT-AC86U adguard question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

garny68

New Around Here
ok so i got an RT-AC86U yesterday and as im setting it up im sure i saw a toggle switch to turn on adguard.. anyway i updated firmware to 3.0.0.4.386_41634 and today o thought id have a play with the adguard but i cant find it anywhere . has it been removed in latest firmware ?

ok so i got an RT-AC86U yesterday and as im setting it up im sure i saw a toggle switch to turn on adguard.. anyway i updated firmware to 3.0.0.4.386_41634 and today o thought id have a play with the adguard but i cant find it anywhere . has it been removed in latest firmware ?

There is no 'adguard' in stock firmware, Asuswrt. I believe ad blocking scripts(?) are available for other firmware, Asuswrt-Merlin.

There is Instant Guard for VPN use in Asuswrt.

OE

Adguard are DNS server options in WAN/DNS Server 1 and 2. Nothing to configure. Just disable Connect to DNS Server Automatically

Adguard are DNS server options in WAN/DNS Server 1 and 2. Nothing to configure. Just disable Connect to DNS Server Automatically

What does Adguard mean/do then?

OE

So, for OP to use AdGuard in Asuswrt, they should disable WAN\Internet Connection\WAN DNS Setting\Connect to DNS Server automatically, and install the AdGuard DNS server settings(?):

Setup guide | AdGuard Knowledgebase

OE
Nothing to install. Those upstream resolvers are hard coded into newer Asus firmware. Select them for DNS Server 1 and 2 and done.

Edit: If you use IPV6 you will have to enter the DNS IPV6 servers manually. See: https://adguard.com/en/adguard-dns/overview.html#instruction

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!